Monday, September 15, 2014

Twitter Abbreviations

According to Twitter, my account is now five years old. 
I don't have this list committed to memory, so I'm keeping it here for ready reference. 

Technical Twitter abbreviations:

• CC = Carbon-copy. Works the same way as email
• CX = Correction
• CT = Cuttweet. Another way of saying partial retweet
• DM = Direct message. A direct-message is a message only you and the person who sent it can read
• HT = Hat tip. This is a way of attributing a link to another Twitter user
• MT = Modified tweet. This means the tweet you're looking at is a paraphrase of a tweet originally written by someone else
• PRT = Partial retweet. The tweet you're looking at is the truncated version of someone else's tweet.
• PRT = Please retweet, a plea to put at the end of a tweet
• RT = Retweet. The tweet you're looking at was forwarded to you by another user

Industry Twitter abbreviations:

• EM = Email Marketing
• EZine = Electronic Magazine
• FB = Facebook
• LI = LinkedIn
• SEO = Search Engine Optimization
• SM = Social Media
• SMM = Social Media Marketing
• SMO = Social Media Optimization
• SN = Social Network
• SROI = Social Return on Investment
• UGC = User Generated Content
• YT = YouTube

Conversational abbreviations:

• # = start to a hashtag, or a way of organizing subjects on Twitter
• • AB/ABT = About
• AFAIK = As far as I know
• AYFKMWTS = Are you f---ing kidding me with this s---?
• B4 = Before
• BFN = Bye for now
• BGD = Background
• BH = Blockhead
• BR = Best regards
• BTW = By the way
• CD9 = Code 9, parents are around
• CHK = Check
• CUL8R = See you later
• DAM = Don’t annoy me
• DD = Dear daughter
• DF = Dear fiancé
• DP = used to mean “profile pic”
• DS = Dear son
• DYK = Did you know, Do you know
• EM/EML = Email
• EMA = Email address
• F2F /FTF = Face to face
• FB = Facebook, F--- buddy
• FF = Follow Friday
• FFS = For F---‘s Sake
• FML = F--- my life.
• FOTD = Find of the day
• FTW = For the win, F--- the world
• FUBAR = F---ed up beyond all repair (slang from the US Military)
• FWIW = For what it's worth.
• GMAFB = Give me a f---ing break
• GTFOOH = Get the f--- out of here
• GTS = Guess the song
• HAGN = Have a good night
• HAND = Have a nice day
• HOTD = Headline of the day
• HT = Heard through
• HTH = Hope that helps
• IC = I see
• ICYMI = "In case you missed it," a quick way to apologize for retweeting your own material
• IDK = I don't know
• IIRC = If I remember correctly
• IMHO = In my humble opinion.
• IRL = In real life
• IWSN = I want sex now
• JK = Just kidding, joke
• JSYK = Just so you know
• JV = Joint venture
• KK = Kewl kewl, or ok, got it
• KYSO = Knock your socks off
• LHH = Laugh hella hard (stronger version of LOL)
• LMAO = Laughing my ass off
• LMK = Let me know
• LO = Little One (child)
• LOL = Laugh out loud
• MM = Music Monday
• MIRL = Meet in real life
• MRJN = Marijuana
• NBD = No big deal
• NCT = Nobody cares, though
• NFW = No f---ing way
• NJoy = Enjoy
• NSFW = Not safe for work
• NTS = Note to self
• OH = Overheard
• OMFG = Oh my f---ing God
• OOMF = One of my friends/followers
• ORLY = Oh, really?
• PLMK = Please let me know
• PNP = Party and Play (drugs and sex)
• QOTD = quote of the day
• RE = In reply to, in regards to
• RLRT = Real-life re-tweet, a close cousin to OH
• RTFM = Read the f---ing manual
• RTQ = Read the question
• SFW = Safe for work
• SMDH = Shaking my damn head, SMH, only more so
• SMH = Shaking my head
• SNAFU = Situation normal, all f---ed up (slang from the US Military)
• SO = Significant Other
• SOB = Son of a B----
• SRS = Serious
• STFU = Shut the f--- up!
• STFW = Search the f---ing web!
• TFTF = Thanks for the follow
• TFTT = Thanks for this tweet
• TJ = Tweetjack, or joining a conversation belatedly to contribute to a tangent
• TL = Timeline
• TLDR/TL;DR = Too long, didn’t read
• TMB = Tweet me back
• TT = Trending topic
• TY = Thank you
• TYIA = Thank you in advance
• TYT = Take your time
• TYVW = Thank you very much
• W or W/ = With
• W/E or WE = Whatever or weekend
• WTV = Whatever
• YGTR = You got that right
• YKWIM = You know what I mean
• YKYAT = You know you're addicted to
• YMMV = Your mileage may vary
• YOLO = You only live once
• YOYO = You're on your own
• YW = You're welcome
• ZOMG = OMG to the max

No comments:

Post a Comment