Saturday, May 21, 2022

Twitter thread & Replies - Abortion and the Bible

My favorite part of the Bible is where Jesus denies someone communion for an issue Jesus never spoke about.
   ~ Tristan Snell






This tweet and replies are worth keeping for future reference. 
Many more at the link but you get the idea...

• He actually did speak about it. He said the Old Testament was good for learning and was inspired scripture. 
The Old Testament:

• So many forget that communion is supposed to cleanse the soul and bring one closer to The Lord.
Goes to show how fallible man is...especially an Archbishop.

• You're not Roman Catholic. We don't do bible. We got a quarterly missalette (back in the day-I'm lapsed for a long time), where all the the things we needed to know were parsed out. And then we were fed the right message. I was always impressed when others could quote the bible.

• You mean you’re not ALLOWED to read the doctrine you’re expected to follow. You just listen to someone else’s think piece on it and sing dry hymnals while incense is burning. Just join Shea Butter Twitter. You can think for yourself, there 🤣

• Well Jesus was Jewish so He probably wouldn’t know what communion is, but don’t tell the Catholics that..

• Catholics are by far the most Jewish of the Christian denominations-(pragmatic, pompous, archaically conservative, traditional, disciplined). Of varying intensity across east/west branches.
Though the Mormons have their eye on the prize. 😇😜

• The number of things that are not in the Bible and certainly opposite from what Jesus said is incalculable. I focus on the positive (Beatitudes, Acta of Mercy) in my 2nd grade classrooms.  And, as a disclaimer, I am a devout Catholic. I just don’t push my faith on others.

• Sometimes I speak to the youth about smoking the pot. And Dr Oz said something interesting the other day. People don't go to work anymore because they smoke the ganja. So I try to get people addicted to Jesus instead of grass. It's free. And u don't have to pay any dime bags

• Jesus did not speak about a lot of things.
Very few people, virtually none, are "pro abortion".
Pro-choice means that a woman makes her own decision.  
That's a very important distinction that some people refuse to recognize. 

• I think this archbishop goes too far.  
I doubt that he interprets official church doctrine correctly.  
If Pelosi were to bend on this issue, she would be quickly accused of being controlled by the Pope.

• The tenant of the modern Republican Party are contrary to many of the things Jesus said. And I'm not a religious guy at all.

I have no idea if this is correct but it appears at the link.



No comments:

Post a Comment