By popular demand-my "Mango Mold" recipe! 1. 1 sm. can crushed pineapple. Drain thoroughly. Crush it 2 death. Reserve juice. (con't)
— Muriel B (@QuiltingMuriel) April 7, 2013
2. 1 can drained mandarin oranges. Add juice to saved pineapple juice. In large bowl, 3 oz package apricot jello & 1 cup boiled water.
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 02:59:09 PM PDT
3. When jello is completely dissolved, add 3/4 cup mixed orange/pineapple juice. Refrigerate. Let semi gel, about 45 mins. (cont'd)
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 03:01:51 PM PDT
4. Prepare one package Dream Whip according to their directions. When jello is semi-gelled, add Dream Whip using mixer. Mix thoroughly. cont
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 03:04:34 PM PDT
5. Stir in pineapple, oranges, & 1/3 cup crushed walnuts. Pour into mold that has been thoroughly Pammed. Refrigerate. Serves 6-8. (con't)
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 03:05:43 PM PDT
6. Can be made a day or two in advance. Fresh mandarin oranges/pineapple can be used, but really, why waste the time?
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 03:07:50 PM PDT
@quiltingmuriel May I ask a question? When does the mango go in?
THEToughCookie 07/Apr/2013 03:15:24 PM PDT
@THEToughCookie There's no mango.
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 03:17:00 PM PDT
@DuffyM_ When it's done it's a gorgeous mango color.
Reply RT Favorite
QuiltingMuriel 07/Apr/2013 03:17:39 PM PDT
A recipe from the Twitterverse by Muriel, self-described thus:
"I'm 94 years young. I don't repeat myself. My dog Tiger gets me, my children aren't even on twitter! I'm 94 years young. I'm a champion quilter & baker. I'm 94."