Saturday, February 8, 2020

AI Prose Generators Are Getting Better

I can't discover if this link is from a real person or an AI web generator, but I suspect the latter. In any case, I'm noting it for future reference because it serves to explain the behavior of the American president. Here is part of the Abstract of Misfitness: the hermeneutics of failure and the poetics of the clown - Heidegger and clowns

CLOWN PHILOSOPHY
Once, when I was a little boy, marching with my class in the Independence Day parade, my mother came to me afterwards and said: “Well done, Marcelo. You were the only one marching in the right way. The rest of the class got it all wrong!”. I start this article with this personal anecdote because it shows that I always had a tendency of not fitting in to communal practices, such as marching like soldiers during the military dictatorship in Brazil. From an early age, I felt like a misfit, always awkward in the world. Little did my mother imagine that her rose-tinted spectacles of maternal love encouraged me towards a lifelong practice of standing out through being different, or in the eyes of all the other mothers, simply getting it wrong. Inadvertently, following the Heideggerian principle of an object becoming noticeable through failure to perform as expected, when I marched differently to the rest of the parade and thereby failed to fit in, I gained some kind of stage presence through my unique failure. This might be the main philosophical approach in this article that is related to the field of Performance Philosophy. This tendency of mine of not fitting in found its professional outlet in 1982, when I met a group of clowns and we created the Circo Teatro Udigrudi, a clown company that is still in activity today. After almost forty years of performing as a clown and four years of research at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London, I write this article about the philosophy of the clown based on my own experience as a misfit clown.
This is quite a long read, well over nine thousand words not counting end-notes. It seems too perfectly crafted to have been entirely the work of one individual and the result is beautiful. There appears to be a Facebook link associated, Circo Teatro Udi Grudi, with a 10-year old archive.

When I came across this via Twitter (h/t Evgeny Morozov) I thought of the Postmodernism Generator which has been around for years. I first discovered that wonderful link in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment