Sunday, April 14, 2013

Documentary -- Witness : In My Mother's Arms

This excellent film (46 minutes) about orphans in Iraq came to my attention last year in July via Issandr El Amrani (The Arabist). I'm posting it here, on a Sunday, on the chance someone taking time to watch it will be able to do more than just watch, experience a passing moment of sadness and soon forget about it as I did when I posted it at the time.  I came across it again searching for something unrelated. Hopefully someone in a position to help this man will be moved to do so in a meaningful way. 
Published on Jul 27, 2012
In one of Baghdad's most dangerous districts, one man is struggling to rebuild the lives of 32 boys orphaned by the war. Witness follows the residents of the orphanage over the course of several months as they take uncertain steps on the road back to a normal future with humour, resilience and unwavering determination.

No comments:

Post a Comment